With the advancement in the technology, everything has become online. Therefore, people have started relying on online sources more than doing all the work manually because it is more convenient for them to do things easily sitting in the comfort of the house rather than making all the efforts to be there. Therefore, with the changes in doing work, the modes of fraud and theft have also changed. Many people have learned the codes to sneak into other people’s computers and steal their essential information.
So, to avoid any such untoward event, it is vital to download and install anti-virus programs, and amongst all programs, Avast anti-virus software is the best and the most trusted one. It has got the best features and has a good interface. Amidst increased security threats and the risk of cyber invasion, Avast anti-virus software has upgraded itself by introducing a safe and secure internet browser that offers a plethora of features. Additionally, the Secure internet browser comes packed with a few other features letting its users have safe and secure browsing.
What is the Avast Bank Mode?
One of the best features Avat software offers is the Avast Bank Mode. It has made banking quite easier and works as a great protector of all the bank details. Moreover, Avast offers the best function to keep your bank qualification intact from potential cyber criminals who are always up to cracking codes to pee into people’s bank accounts and get the hefty amount.
So, basically, Avast Bank Mode is one of the many Avast Secure web browser features that provide access to your bank account through safe mode. It is usually available when a user installs any Avast anti-virus along with the Avast Secure web browser.
It is required to mention here that the bank mode is not offered in the default mode of the Secure Browser. So, in order to be able to use the Avast Bank Mode, it is indispensable to install Avast Antivirus.
Is Avast Bank Mode Safe?
The Bank Mode usually works by opening a virtual display screen that functions as a tidy along with the latest virtual PC within the actual computer with the aim to open the banking website.
However, before we delve deep into the functions and advantages of Avast Bank Mode, it is important to know whether the Bank mode is safe or not. Well, fortunately, the Bank Mode is safe. In fact, it is one of the safest alternatives that you can get for securing bank credentials.
Now, moving to its functionality, whenever the bank mode is turned on, it opens a virtual desktop for accessing or letting users log in to their saving account. The primary function of the virtual desktop is to protect its users from several infections out there, for example, harmful scripts, keystroke logging, and attempts for taking screenshots by third-party apps.
As mentioned earlier, groups of vile cybercriminals break into innocent people’s bank accounts and steal important information and valuable information. They even try to obtain the bank qualification, and they do so because it is their way of earning a livelihood.
So, usually, what happens is that these vicious cyber criminals send different links and extensions to concerned people, and innocent people are totally unaware of these links. They make you click on the links, and once you click on them, they manage to retrieve all of your important bank qualifications.
Even nowadays, these criminals call the people and ask about their bank details, pretending to be from their bank, and when some innocent people fall pay to their tricks, they hack their account. Therefore, many bank workers alert their customers not to share their number or passcode with a stranger to avert such unfortunate events or to never click on the link.
The level of viciousness has risen to an extent where the third-party apps take screenshots of your confidential information without bringing it to your notice. So, by using Avast Bank Mode, you can practically save yourself from any such attack.
Now that you know enough about the Avast Safe Mode and its practical usage, you must have made up your mind to install it already. If so, let us give you a peek into the ways to set it up and use it on your computer.
You need to have the Avast Secure Browser and an Avast Security System.
Ways to Install Avast Bank Mode
So, to be able to use the Avast Bank Mode, it is important to install the Avast Secure Browser in the first place, which is a standalone item from Avast. However, in order to be able to allow the Avast Bank Mode, it is necessary that your computer must have Avast Security or the Avast Antivirus.
To install Avast Bank Mode, follow these steps:
- First of all, you may need to head to the official site of the Avast Antivirus.
- Now, open the official site of the Avast Antivirus.
- The third step would be to download the Avast Secure Browser.
- The Avast Safezone Browser users will most probably get the upgrades, as the SafeZone Browser counts on the secure Browser, as Avast no longer uses the SafeZine Browser and has updated itself to a Secure web browser.
Now that you have worked enough to open and upgrade to the advanced level, follow these guidelines to open the Bank Mode.
- First thing first, open a new tab by double-clicking on the Avast Secure Browser icon.
- Once you open a new tab, straight on the top-right corner, you will be able to see an Avast icon. If you successfully find it, hit on that to be able to open the Security & Privacy Centre of the Avast Secure Internet browser.
- Once you successfully manage to open the Security & Privacy Center, browse to the Bank Mode and open it. A web browser will manage to open a virtual desktop for the users.
- Only after that will the users be able to safely check out any bank sites and continue with the online payments.
After following these steps, we suggest you shut off the Bank mode. You can also manage the Bank Mode as the bank mode just when triggered mode running in the background is turned off completely. Therefore, you need to turn it off.
Following are the instructions for switching from Bank Mode to Secure Browser.
Ways to Switch from Bank Mode to Secure Browser.
- Firstly, the users are required to hit the Switchback button. It is located in the bottom left corner of the virtual desktop. By clicking on it, you will be automatically led to the Secure Browser from the Bank mode.
- Similarly, if you feel like switching from the Secure Browser to the Bank Mode, all you have to do is press the yellow Bank Mode button at the bottom right corner to repeat the whole process.
Ways to turn off the Bank Mode
Following instructions must be followed to turn off the Bank Mode.
- First of all, you need to open the protected web browser and switch yourself to bank mode. Once the virtual desktop opens, click on the red power button right away. The red power button is at the right bottom corner.
- Once you repeat this process, Avast will request confirmation. To be able to respond to the request, click on the Yes option in the dialog box.
Ways to Pin an Application to the Taskbar of the Bank Mode
If you feel like pinning an application to the Taskbar of the Bank Mode, follow these steps:
- To begin with, click on the +icon, located in the bottom-left corner of the virtual desktop of the Bank Mode.
- Now, windows will be all set to open the folders. Upon opening the folder, it will ask you to opt for an application that you fancy adding to the Bank Mode taskbar.
- Next up, you are supposed to click on the Application and then click on Open. After that, Avast will request its users for verification.
- Once Avast sends a request for verification, click Add on the Avast information dialog box for verification purposes.
- However, if you have the desire to remove an application from the list, simply right-click on the Application. After that, you are supposed to click “Unpin This program From the Taskbar,” and voila, you are done.
How to Repair the Avast Bank Mode if it Goes Out of Order?
Like any other software, there are chances that you might experience some problems with the Avast Bank Mode. So, if you ever encounter any such situation, you can always follow the following options to repair the broken system.
- First of all, if the Avast Bank Mode ever goes out of order, start with checking for the latest Avast Program in your system. Also, make sure the dates are valid as the Operating system largely relies on it.
- If you are done fixing the problems by checking for the latest Avast Program in your system, but the problem is not going anywhere, then you might go on with rebooting your computer. There are chances that the issue might be stubborn enough not to go with the single rebooting attempt, so you better do it more than once.
- Lastly, if all your efforts to maintain the best Avast Bank Mode system go astray, and you have checked for the system as well as you are done rebooting the computer quite several times. However, the problem is still persistent; the last resort would be to uninstall the already existing Avast Bank Mode, reinstall the new one, and finally include it in the Secure Browser on the computer.
So, after reading about the threats one has to face online, you must be aware of the importance of having the best anti-virus software. So, amongst all, Avast is the best one so far that offers various functions and has the best Bank Mode to offer. Moreover, after going through this article, Now you will be able to download and install it on your computers and enjoy its manifold features.
However, one of the main points that are essential to remember is to not forget to check on your computer if you have got both the Avast Secure Browser and the Avast Antivirus to achieve the Avast Bank Mode Features.
- What is Avast Secure Browser?
Avast Secure Browser is a web browser having built-in security and privacy features to keep your data intact. Its Security & Privacy Center has a collection of amazing tools and features that let users manage their online privacy without having to worry about any cyber attack.
- How does the Avast Secure Browser work?
The main aim of the Avast Secure Browser is to protect security and privacy and help users keep their data intact. It contains a myriad of features that are mainly designed to expand online security. Best part about Avast Secure Browser is that it automatically encrypts the online data, blocks snoopers and annoying ads, and lets users connect to the internet with the help of a VPN. It does not hurt the browsing speed at all.
- Does the Avast Secure Browser have a free version only?
No, Avast Secure Browser also has a paid version that has additional features.
- What extra features does the Avast Secure Browser have?
Following are the features of its paid version:
VPN location: It lets users opt from the entire list of VPN locations.
Device Wide VPN: The free version lets users of all applications on the device connect safely to the internet through the assistance of the Avast VPN server.
Web Shield: The paid version automatically blocks suspicious sites, malware, and phishing attempts.
Custom mode: The best part about the paid version is that it lets you create unlimited customized browser modes to set up your security and privacy priorities when browsing.