If you are a huge lover of Hollywood movies, then you must be aware of HBO Max. It is one of the best channels to stream entertaining movies. However, there are few countries where HBO Max does not air, so they cannot access it. Therefore, we are here to sort this problem out by breaking it to you that HBO Max has finally made it on Roku. People have long been waiting for it to be aired on Roku and it is finally true now, after years of long wait now HBO Max on Roku.
Now, users can easily stream their favorite original HBO shows and movies on their television sets. Since HBO has recently been introduced on Roku, users face some technical errors while streaming HBO Max. If you are also facing problems, do not worry, as we have brought some easy yet effective methods to sort this problem.
Roku users can stream their favorite original HBO shows and movies on their television sets. However, several Roku users have reported that they are facing several technical errors while streaming HBO Max on Roku.
Mainly people face problem when they download HBO Max, sign up with a Roku account, and start streaming. The video streams for 10-20 sec and suddenly you see yourself on the homepage again.
Methods to Fix HBO Max on Roku Not Working
If you are facing the same problem, then do not worry. We are here with some of the best methods that you can use to Fix HBO Max on Roku Not Working.
Method 1: Restart Roku and Router.
Before proceeding with the technical procedures of HBO Max on Roku Not Working:
- Make sure that your Roku and Router are both operational.
- After 60 seconds, unplug your gadget from the power socket, reconnect it, and turn it back on again. It will do a soft reset on your device, removing any network issues that may have occurred.
- Check to see if the HBO Max Not Working problem has been resolved on Roku. If this is not the case, go to the next procedure.
Method 2: Update your Roku.
If your Roku is not up to date to the most recent version, you will not be able to watch HBO Max properly on the device. To upgrade your Roku, just follow the procedures outlined below.
- Get started with turning on Roku. Once you opened it, press the Home button on the Remote.
- Here, select “Settings” from the list of options on the screen.
- Finally, head to the System and then the System Update, Now, check for updates. Simply opt for it and update your Roku if you find any available update.
Hopefully doing it will solve your problem. However, if the problem persists, head to our next method.
Method 3: Upgrade your Roku.
The HBO Max app is only compatible with Roku 9.3 and later. If you are using an older Roku device that no longer gets any updates, you will need to upgrade it in order to be able to watch HBO Max.
If the problem is too stubborn to be gone, do not worry. We have got you covered with another method. Try it out.
Method 4: Remove and Re-add the HBO Max channel.
Removing and Re-adding the HBO Max channel solution has been reported to work by a number of Roku customers who have had the HBO Max Not functioning problem on their devices. The actions that must be completed in order to use this approach are mentioned below.
- First of all, turn on Roku and press the Home button on the Remote.
- Now, opt for the Streaming Channels option. Once opted, open the Channel Store on it.
- Now, find the HBO Max channel in the list. Once you manage to find it, simply click on the OK button on the remote.
- You are supposed to opt for the “Remove channel” option. Once you select it, confirm it to remove the HBO Max channel from Roku. Once you are done, simply restart Roku.
- Now press the Home button on the remote after Roku turns on.
- Now, type HBO Max and find it in the search box.
- Finally, add the channel and evaluate if it is working now. However, if it still does not work, try the method listed below.
Method 5: Disable VPN.
VPN is the only resort for opening certain websites that are banned in several regions. HBO Max may only be accessed on Roku if you are situated in the United States. Consequently, if you are using a VPN to conceal your location or for any other reason, you will be unable to view the HBO Max channel on your Roku device. As a result, you must deactivate VPN in order to resolve the HBO Max Not Working problem on Roku. However, if you are not using any VPN and the problem is not going anywhere, we have still got another method for you.
Method 6: Check if HBO Max is Down
Though doubtful, it is conceivable that HBO and HBO Max aren’t operating since their servers are down for maintenance. Alternatively, you might visit the Down Detector website to see if anybody else is facing the same trouble.
Apart from that, another possibility is that an issue with your home Internet service is to fault, in which case you should contact your service provider for assistance..
The HBOMax.com TV sign channel can now be added to Roku, allowing you to watch all of your favourite HBO episodes and movies. However, because this service is new, users are experiencing different problems. If you are also experiencing an error while watching HBO Max on Roku, the users may use the steps indicated above to resolve the issue. However, if you know of any more beneficial methods to repair HBO Max Not Working on Roku that we have missed out on, please let us know in the comments section below.