In this article, we will give you Best Mp3 Tag Editors for Mac to Edit Songs Metadata. Going by the heading, you might question why do I need an MP3 tag editor when all I can do is simply download an MP3 file and enjoy listening to music, correct? A sorted music library with MP3 files classified according to the file name, size, title, genre, etc., certainly makes life easy when, say, you’re into a specific genre of music or love listening to songs from a particular artist.
You can also thank a music tag editor in case you’re into mixing songs or are a DJ. Whatever your purpose, here are some of the best MP3 tag editors for Mac
Best MP3 Tag Editors For Mac
Here we have posted some of the best ID3 and Music Tag Editors for Mac which will help you sort your music library with the utmost ease.
Metadatics is an advanced music tag editor for Mac. It is loaded with many traits that make batch editing of audio metadata of several files easy. The Best MP3 tag editors for Mac.
- You can do a variety of functions like remove characters from beginning or end, copy from tag to tag, replace text and do a lot more
- Support for album artwork
- File types include AIFF, WAV, APE, MP3, WMA, OGG, etc
- Support ID3v1, ID3v2, MP4, APE, etc
Even if you’re a Mac user and want to edit MP3 metadata on the go, you’ve options galore. The InstantD3 is an online MP3 tag editor that allows you to modify music tags. We won’t say that it is a great option, but this can be a great option if you are traveling and want to edit music tags.
- Edit tags such as Artist, Title, Album, Genre, Year, and track
- Available for all platforms
- Free of cost service
With this music tag editor, you don’t only get to edit MP3 tags but even FLAC, WMA, MPC, and Ogg files as well. Kid3 Tag Editor allows you to generate tags from filenames, or it can also be the other way round.
- Import from TrackType, MusicBrainz, Discogs, and other online databases
- Easily convert files between ID3v1 and ID3v2
- Edit tags of multiple files at once
- Generate file directory names from tags
MP3Tag is still another lightweight music tag editor with the help of easily modifying the metadata of your audio files. The Best MP3 tag editors for Mac.
- Automatically create and manage playlists
- Unicode compliant tagging and user interface
- Edit tags in a batch about ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, WMA, iTunes, and MP4
- Import tags from online databases freedb, MusicBrainz, and Discogs
- Rename files based on the tag information
- Import/export tag information and also create playlists
Let’s say you’ve converted several videos to MP3 and now have the task of Video Editing MP3 metadata. Under normal conditions, you would probably bring aboard a separate MP3 tag editor for Mac. But Wondershare UniConverter, aside from being a reputed video editor, also brings along a dedicated music tag editor.
- Auto-fix functionality to fix media metadata
- With UniConverter, you can edit songs too
- It has a free version as well
- Effortlessly edit music tags such as actor, album name, director, episode name, and others
- Simplistic and eas-to-use MP3 tag editor
A dirty music library can be a nightmare if you’re a DJ, musician, or a simple music enthusiast. If that’s so, you require an advanced music tag editor like Meta, which is so aptly named. The Best MP3 tag editors for Mac.
- Compose better file names using tags
- Rather of manually assigning track numbers, automatically assign track numbers
- Edit artwork easily
- Supports a variety of file formats
- Changes can be made to many files at the same time
It is 1 of the best MP3 tag editors that contains most tools with the help of which you can manage your downloaded MP3 files in only a matter of seconds. You can hence have your playlists and tracks updated with correct ID3 tags. The Best MP3 tag editors for Mac.
- You can also remove DRM protection and convert M4P files to MP3 format
- This music tag editor for Mac doubles up as a downloader that allows you to download music from over 3000 websites and radio stations in just one click
- Utilize the toolbox to fix ID3 and Music tags
- Transfer songs between the iTunes library and Apple devices in a hassle-free manner
Music Tag Editor assists you in editing metadata and even convert text encoding of music tags. It also allows you to download album images from the internet. You can also search for tags from all major online databases The Best MP3 tag editors for Mac.
- Supports all sorts of tags – ID3v1, ID3v2, ASF, APE, iTunes, xiphComments
- You can export results in a CSV form
- iTunes tags are supported
- Multiple editing functionality
- Online album image and multi-album image supported
Want to create perfect ID3 tags for your Mac in the DJ software that you use, Metabliss is the tag editor you should think of using. This MP3 tag editor is structured for efficiency and speed. And, it can simply sort the playlists on your Mac or the DJ software you are using. The Best MP3 tag editors for Mac.
- You can clone the value by just double-clicking on it and dragging it
- Easily get rid of obsolete ID3v1 tags
- You can also replace extra spaces or make changes in all files
- Works as a batch music tag editor
- Copy-paste and delete many artworks all at once
Amvidia MP3 tag editor for Mac allows you to explore new ways to rename and tag batch audio files using a ready-to-use spreadsheet. It makes editing MP3 metadata fast, simple, and flexible. Again, this music tag editor works great with online databases such as AcoustID, MusicBrainz, CoverArt, etc. The Best MP3 tag editors for Mac.
- Aside from MP3 files, AIFF, WAV, FLAC are also supported
- Identify duplicates and inaccuracies in audio tags
- Batch edit tags – copy, cut, paste, find and replace and undo
- Edit, present, & process audio metadata in a structured fashion. “Columns” menu has been organized as Mood, Classical, Podcast, Podcast, Commerce, etc., and it can also be rearranged.
Thus, these are some of the best MP3 tag editors for Mac, which assist you in sorting your audio library, immaterial of the number of files or the kind of tags they carry. If you loved this list, give this blog a thumbs up and share it with as many buddies as possible.