Best and most popular Defect Tracking tools will be described in this article. Software for cloud-based project management is being embraced by many SMEs. Because of this, many companies are merging bug tracking software with project management software, which is anticipated to increase the market for bug tracking software.
As a result of enhanced IT infrastructure and rising mobility demand, the use of cloud-based bug tracking software is anticipated to increase in the near future.
The desire for fault-free software development in a short amount of time and an increase in expenditure on software testing are both credited with driving the growth of the market for bug tracking software. However, the availability of free bug tracking software is anticipated to restrict the market’s growth.
According to a analysis by Allied Market Research, the market for bug tracking software will grow from 2019 to 2026 at a CAGR of 13.60%, from $218.22 million in sales in 2018 to $601.64 million in revenue.
- The majority of the tools on our list have the best features.
- Nearly every tool can be combined with others, including Slack, Asana, Jira, Trello, and Zapier.
- You can try out the majority of the tools on this list for free to help you decide.
The essential information about each tool is provided below, but if you must act quickly, here is a list of the top defect tracking tools.
The first step in selecting the best bug tracking system is to compare the various bug tracking tools listed above using the trial versions. Before making a decision, it’s crucial to take into account all of your software requirements, including your budget, the size of your staff, and the tool’s general characteristics.
Be careful not to mix up the phrases defect and bug. To escape that craziness, look at this post. I frequently contend that a QA’s job does not consist of merely locating bugs. A QA is capable of far more. Finding software flaws is one of our main responsibilities, though. 😉 I want to pose few queries before looking at the list of prominent defect tracking tools.
Do you work for a company that tracks faults using Excel sheets?
I’m not saying that using Excel is a bad method for tracking problems, but why not attempt issue tracking tools when we have the best open source tools available?
Every decision made within a company is based on ROI (return on investment). Therefore, the majority of startups don’t spend money on defect tracking software; instead, they use Excel sheets to continue.
Utilize any tools you may have for bug tracking? Is the tool you use included in the list below? If not, please let us know what tool you use and we’ll add it to the list.
Popular Defect Tracking Tools List
I’ve included both free and paid bug tracking tools in this list. There are free trials for commercial tools as well. Before deciding on a paid plan, you could experiment using a free trial.
Top 20 Best Bug Tracking Tools In 2022
Top 20 Best Bug Tracking Tools are explained here.
Best for all parties, including non-technical stakeholders and experienced QA testers. A straightforward bug tracking and visual feedback programme is called BugHerd. You can quickly mark up webpages with it, and it stores all issues and feedback in one location for simple management. It enables users to attach screenshots or videos to comments and pin them to certain webpage parts to help identify problems.
The technical data needed to reproduce and correct the defect, such as browser, operating system, screen resolution, CSS selector data, and more, is captured by BugHerd. Also check software development company
- Take screenshots, annotate them, or add a quick video.
- You can simply track and handle problems and feedback using the kanban task board in BugHerd.
- Compile technical data to quickly fix faults
- Native interface with WordPress, GitHub, Slack, or other project management tools, or integration with JIRA, Trello, Asana, or both
- Attach comments to webpage components.
- Comments made instantly.
- Connects to BitBucket, GitLab, or GitHub.
Best for both managing tests and tracking issues. Kualitee is a comprehensive ALM solution that offers agile development teams all the capabilities necessary for them to be successful throughout the software testing lifecycle. Software teams may handle all of their testing with the help of this comprehensive test management tool from a single platform. It also functions as a platform for defect management, providing simple and efficient bug management with its issue tracking tool. Additionally, Kualitee has a comprehensive project management feature. This is another defect tracking tools alternative.
Maintaining test case repositories, running test cycles, logging problems, customising dashboards and results, and doing much more are all possible with Kualitee. Additionally, Kualitee provides connections with a wide range of other tools, such as JIRA.
Based on 68 reviews, Kualitee has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on G2.
- Interfaces: For a more streamlined and improved testing experience, Kualitee offers seamless integrations with a variety of third-party tools. With these connections, you may do a wide range of things, such as pushing pipelines, syncing flaws, making your own tests, reporting problems, and more.
Testing teams may easily reuse tests and test cycles across team members and projects thanks to reusable test repositories.
- Requirement Traceability: Teams can readily assess the impact of change by following tests and issues back and forth throughout the testing process.
- Personalized Dashboards: Project insights are tailored to each individual position, such as administrator, tester, or developer.
- Roles and Privileges: You can select from a number of pre-defined roles. In accordance with your project’s requirements, you may also define unique roles and assign privileges to control how each tester uses the tool.
- Customizability: Users can alter any reporting template, value, and role to suit their tastes and requirements thanks to flexible user controls.
- Mobile App: You can enjoy and manage your testing process from anywhere using Kualitee’s user-friendly mobile app.
Testing options from Kualitee include both human and automated testing.
Why one of the top defect tracking tools is Kualitee
Both your testing process and a separate issue tracking tool can leverage Kualitee’s built-in defect management feature. With its issue tracking feature, you may track down defects as ongoing test cases are being run. Since each bug affects the operation’s flow differently, categorising the bugs increases efficiency.
Each bug can have full details added to it, such as a description, action, status, date, etc. A bug can also be eliminated whenever necessary. It will be feasible for you to see a history of all your test suites, making it simple for you to connect any defect to its earlier test cases and providing you with a detailed picture of the continuing project throughout its testing lifespan.
The most widely used productivity and bug tracking tool in both small and large businesses is called ClickUp.
This project management application helps organisations manage their time management, team collaboration, and client reporting in addition to providing much more than task management. This is another defect tracking tools alternative.
This flexible bug tracking tool is perfect for a range of teams. You can do things like document, set objectives, make calendars, and keep an inbox with it.
- You may easily assign many jobs with a single mouse click.
- You can sync Google Calendar with your schedule.
- You can locate exactly what you’re looking for by using advanced search options.
- A large selection of design templates is available.
- Importing documents automatically from other programmes.
- Easily collaborate with a variety of teams.
- Assign tasks to people and oversee their completion.
It enables you to group work according to projects.
A visual bug tracking tool for all agile projects is Monday. It streamlines bug tracking and fosters better team communication.
- Sort and order the bugs using simple “dragging and dropping” techniques.
- Gives you the option to create the ideal workflow for your team.
It enables you to automate your routine tasks.
- Has integrations with services like Typeform, Mailchimp, GitHub, Trello, Dropbox, Jira, Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Calendar.
A bug reporting tool called Shake SDK allows users to track and categorise incoming problem reports. Once an issue has existed reported, users can give it a priority, an assignee, and tags. In addition, Shake provides comprehensive information with every bug report, including activity history, device statistics, and thorough reproduction instructions. A user can quickly find these because they are all searchable.
- Users can submit bug reports with screenshots or videos.
- It can be integrated with numerous tools, like Slack, GitHub, ClickUp, Jira, Trello, Azure DevOps, Zapier, Asana, and many more.
- Users can report defects even when they’re not connected.
You can track and swiftly resolve defects with the help of Zoho BugTracker, an online solution for defect tracking and issue tracking. This is another defect tracking tools alternative.
A module of the task management tool Zoho Project is this scalable bug tracking programme.
You can design the interface, add custom fields, and construct workflows to recognise any software.
With tools like Google, GitHub, Bitbucket, Dropbox, Zoho Analytics, Zoho Desk, Zoho Books, and Zapier, you can integrate the Zoho bug tracking solution with ease. Also check fleet management software
- You may use it to keep track of projects, problems, achievements, documents, and reports all in one location.
- This tool enables automated reminders and notifications.
- Specialized protocols that make it easy to report and resolve bugs.
- Using this tool, you may generate a number of thorough reports, including how many issues have been reported, fixed, etc.
- Lets you group defects based on how serious they are.
If any bugs are found, email notifications will let you and your team know.
- Attachments and bug reports can be attached to comments.
- By using dashboards, you can monitor your team’s progress.
Mozilla created the free, web-based bug tracking system known as Bugzilla. It is a well-known bug tracking tool that many organisations utilise.
You can keep track of the flaws in your software with the aid of this strong tool. It can be challenging to use, so it’s critical to understand how to do so.
- Powerful search features that remember your searches
- Notifications via email
- Email-based Scheduled Reports (Daily, Weekly, Hourly, etc.)
- Charts and Reports
- Detection of Duplicate Bugs Automatically
- Report/Edit Bugs Via Email
- Time tracking
- Demand System
- Personal Comments and Attachments
ALM/QC from Micro Focus is an application management tool that enables you to define, create, test, and deliver applications across the whole software development life cycle quickly and with confidence (SDLC). It is an expensive tool with a free trial.
- Management of requirements
- Management of Defects
- Reports Administration
- Reporting on several projects
- Using Micro Focus Connect, integrate ALM/QC, Jira, and many other widely used tools.
Over 50,000 clients use Atlassian’s JIRA defect tracking product for issue tracking and project management, the company claims. JIRA Software is used by organisations including Twitter, NASA, Audi, The Telegraph, and many more. Try it instead of thinking about it. It is a paid tool that offers a free trial. This is another defect tracking tools alternative.
- It is portable and independent of platforms.
- JIRA’s workflow may be simply modified to meet our needs.
- It serves as both a project management and issue tracking tool.
- It occasionally enables us to monitor the status of a project.
An open-source web-based problem tracking tool is MantisBT. There is also a mobile version available. Users may start managing their projects in only a few minutes.
- Notifications via email
- It works with Windows, Android, and iPhone platforms.
- It works with IE 7 and later as well as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
A web-based, open-source project management & issue tracking tool is called Trac.
It has been used by a number of enterprises to manage issues for proprietary projects and products as well as free and paid software.
- Project administration
- Tracking bugs
- The ticket search engine, email notifications, etc.
The web-based project management and issue tracking tool Redmine is open-source. The ability to support many projects, configurable role-based access control, flexible issue tracking system, Gantt chart, multi-language support, problem creation through email, etc., are some of Redmine’s key features. This is another defect tracking tools alternative. Also check shiping software
An online platform for managing projects and tracking issues is called FogBugz. A strong search engine, problem tracking, Agile project planning, project management, a help desk, time tracking, and discussion groups are some of its features. used by more than 20,000 teams who produce software.
This is another defect tracking tools alternative. YouTrack is a web-based project management and issue tracking application created by JetBrains. You can install it on your server using this. It has capabilities like tracking bugs and issues, agile boards, reporting, and time management.
For the ASP.NET platform, BugNET is a free, open-source issue tracking and project issue management tool.
You may plan, track, and report on your projects using all the tools in BugNET. Although the pro edition is free, it has a commercial licence.
- Planning and overseeing initiatives.
- Establishing and tracking issues.
- Supports a range of databases and projects.
- Simple administration and navigation.
Backlog is a team-wide online issue tracking and project management tool. You can easily manage the end-to-end development of your goods and catch and track issues using it. Through this issue tracking application, teams can quickly identify any workflow bug. This is another defect tracking tools alternative.
Along with subtasking, Kanban boards, Gantt and burndown charts, Git and SVN repositories, Wikis, and IP access control are other tools frequently used to manage IT projects.
- Simple task monitoring using Gantt charts, burndown charts, or boards.
- Notifications through push for each new problem
- Drag-and-drop uploading of attachments is simple.
- Simple job division into subtasks and checklists
- Accepts SVN and Git repositories
- Free native apps for iOS and Android
- Simple migration between Redmine and Jira.
- The Backlog bug tracking tool is compatible with Slack, Jenkins, Jira, Typetalk, Redmine, Jira Importer, Google Sheets importer, Email importer, iOS and Android apps, and so on.
ReQtest provides a bug tracking module that makes it simple for developers and testers to work together on bug fixes. You can import all of your bug reports from a CSV file into ReQtest. Jira issues and ReQtest bugs can automatically sync. Additionally, combining JIRA and ReQtest projects is simple.
This is another defect tracking tools alternative. The OpenSource bug tracking tool eTraxis allows for the creation of an infinite number of completely customizable workflows. The abbreviation “eTraxis” stands for “extensible tracking system.” Although almost anything can be tracked with eTraxis, bug trackers, help desks, and even CRM systems are the most frequently used applications.
Axosoft is a bug tracking system that you can use either on-premises or in the cloud. You can use it to manage your bug reports, support tickets, and user stories. You can view item real-time statuses and progress using Axosoft’s Card View, a fully interactive kanban board.
A web-based tool for tracking issues is called Lighthouse. Regardless of how big your business is or how small your bootstrapped team is, Lighthouse is the ideal ticket tracking solution to easily keep track of your project’s progress. Additionally, it integrates with a wide range of practical services, including Airbrake, Github, Exceptional, Beanstalk, etc. This is another defect tracking tools alternative.
FAQs – Software Tools for Bug Tracking
What is a software testing bug tracking tool or defect tracking tool?
Applications called bug tracking tools are used in software testing to record, report, and track bugs in software development projects.
Tools for Open Source Bug Tracking
The free alternatives to well-liked commercial bug tracking tools are open source bug tracking tools. Not every open-source defect tracking tool is entirely free, though. With their commercial endeavours, some open-source bug tracking systems enhance their open-source counterpart. We’ll list some open source bug tracking tools in this article along with paid-for defect tracking tools.
What is the best bug tracking software?
The following are a few of the best bug tracking tools.
Is Jira a tool for defect tracking?
Agile project management and bug tracking are both handled by the popular issue tracking programme Jira.
What aspects ought to be taken into account when choosing a bug tracking programme?
The following are elements we should take into account when choosing a tool.
- Try it out for free.
- the tool’s requirements for systems
- Cost of the equipment
- The vendor’s support and update policy
- Cost of tool training for employees
- Customer service
- standing of the tool
What characteristics does bug tracking software have?
The following are some characteristics of issue and bug tracking software.
– Tracking and reporting bugs
– Management of logs
– Special fields
– Adaptive workflow
– Search, filter, and sorting capabilities
– Integration with well-known third-party tools like GitHub, Git, Jira, etc.
– Metrics & Reports
– Notifications via email
- 48 hours were spent in total evaluating these tools.
32 tools in total were evaluated.
- 28 tools in all were completed.
We examined and investigated 32 different test management tools over the course of 48 hours. We looked for characteristics that a perfect defect tracking programme should have. We compared product features and user reviews to determine which tools would be most helpful for you as you developed your project.
Our research leads us to believe that the aforementioned tools will help your project move in a better direction. In this case, we are not ranking any tools. Each tool on the previous list has respectable features.