You might have encountered awkward situations where a relative or familiarity replies to a story meant for your close friends. If you have someone similar in your followers or contacts list whom you can’t unfollow or block, hiding your accounts from them is a potential option. For those questioning how to Hide Stories from People, here’s how you can do it on popular social media and instant messaging programs, namely Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
Hide Stories from People on Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Instagram
We have added a separate set of steps to cover Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Instagram. If you see some other app’s instructions with stories, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments, and we will try to include them. For now, let’s check out how you can how to Hide Stories from People on these 3 platforms, as mentioned Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
Hide Stories from People on Snapchat
1. Coming to Snapchat, start your Profile page by tapping on your avatar in the top-left corner and press the horizontal 3 dots next to ‘Add to My Story.’ From the pop-up that appears now, pick ‘Story Settings.’
2. On the Story settings page, you will see three options – Everyone, Friends only, and Custom. Pick Custom and pick the users you need to hide stories from. Snapchat users you choose here will no longer see your story updates.
Tip: Press on the Private Story option on the Profile page and choose contacts to share a story with select friends.
Hide Stories from People on WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp & switch to the Status tab. Now, press on the vertical three dots menu in the top-right corner and choose ‘Status Privacy.’
2. From the Status privacy page, press on ‘My contacts except….’ Here, pick the contacts to hide a status from and tap on the tick floating action button in the bottom right corner. You can choose ‘Only share with…’ and select specific people if you want to upload something meant for your close friend’s circle.
Hide Stories from People on Instagram
1. To hide stories from specific people on Instagram, you should first access Settings. To do so, press on the hamburger menu on your profile page and tap on Settings.
2. From the Settings page, press on Privacy. Under the ‘Interactions’ section of the privacy page, tap ‘Story’ to see privacy settings related to Instagram stories.
3. You will now see several options you can use to adjust how Instagram should handle stories. Here, press on ‘Hide Story from.’ All your Instagram followers arrive on this page, and you can pick the users for hiding stories. You can further use the search box at the top to quickly find users. And that’s it. The people you pick from here will no longer see your Instagram stories.
Tip: You can utilize Instagram’s close friends feature if you are interested to share stories with a limited number of people.
Stop Certain People from Seeing Your Stories
Therefore, that’s how you can block your stories from people who do not respect your boundaries. And you also don’t want them to see your Stories so this Content will help you to hide Stories from People.