Though there are a lot of video calling services available for desktop PC, it was Skype that stands out from the crowd & dominates the video call section. Suppose we compared to all the other desktop clients for video calling, Skype gives far more features. So, Skype is not just limited to video calls. But, it specializes in text messaging as well. In this article, we’re going to talk about How to Fix Skype Messaging Unavailable Error. Let’s begin!
So, right now, Used Skype via millions of users to make and receive video calls. But it has a few drawbacks. Well, there are lots of bugs in the desktop clients that welcome users via throwing error messages.
As well, if you are also getting the same error, then you have landed on the right webpage. In this article, we’re now going to share some of the best methods to fix Skype Messaging Unavailable Error message from Windows Pc.
Many Skype users have reported that they have fixed the ‘Skype messaging unavailable’ error message by deleting the shared.xml file. But, there is no assured that it would get the error fixed or not. However, you can try this one. So, here’s what you have to do.
- Firstly, you have to open task manager on your PC and then right-tap on the Skype app and choose ‘End Task.’
- Then, you have to open the RUN dialogue box on your Windows PC. For this, you have to tap on Windows Key + R.
- Next, on the RUN dialogue box, you need to enter ‘%appdata%skype’ without a quotation mark. Plus then press the Enter button as well.
- Thus, in the next step, you have to find and then delete the shared.xml file.
That’s just it, and you are all done! After you delete the shared.xml file. So, You then have to restart the Skype client to fix the ‘Skype messaging unavailable’ error message.
Updating Your Skype App
Well, The older version of the Skype app for Windows has some bugs that had been fixed in the latest version. Thus, if you guys are running an outdated version of Skype, then it’s pronounced to get error messages such as ‘Skype messaging unavailable’. Therefore, you have to update your Skype app to the latest version to fix the Skype Messaging Unavailable – error.
- First, open Skype on your Windows 10 PC and then tap on ‘Help and feedback.’
- Then in the next step, tap on ‘Check for Updates’
Now skype will automatically install the updates. When you update, restart the Skype client to fix Skype Messaging Unavailable Error message.
Resetting Skype App
As well, most of the Windows users on the Microsoft forum have said that resetting the Skype app has fixed the Skype Messaging Unavailable Error message. Accordingly, if the above methods failed to fix the error message, then you can also consider resetting the Skype application. So, Follow some of the steps given below to reset the Skype application.
- First of all, open Start Menu and then tap on ‘Settings.’
- Now, tap on Apps and locate Skype.
- Here, you need to on Advanced options and then choose ‘Reset.’
That’s all, and you are done now! This is how you people can reset the Skype application to fix Skype Messaging Unavailable message.
Reinstall Skype Application
Suppose you guys are still getting the Skype Messaging Unavailable Error message even after you follow the methods given above. Well, Then you have to reinstall the Skype application. Now, Reinstall skype will reset all user-made settings which will fix the error as well. Consequently, let’s see how you can reinstall Skype on Windows 10.
- Firstly, open the Control Panel on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now in the list of installed apps, search for Skype.
- Then tap on it & select the option ‘Uninstall.’
- When you uninstall & then reinstall the Skype app once again.
That’s just it, and you are all done! This is how you people can fix Skype Messaging Unavailable message through reinstalling the Skype client.
That was all Peoples! I hope you guys like this article & also find it helpful to you. So, Give us your feedback on it again if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Finally, Let us know in the comments box below. We will get back to you shortly.