All Ways to Link Discord to Twitch. Twitch and Discord are both popular streaming sites, but they are not the same. In the world of streaming, what could be better than getting them to connect and work together? From built-in choices to using third-party apps, I’ll go over all the ways you can link Twitch and Discord. Showing your Twitch ID in your Discord profile or presenting the Discord chat in your Twitch stream are just two examples of the new features made possible by each way. To begin, let us look at the local choice.
How to Connect Discord and Twitch on the Desktop
Twitch doesn’t give you a way to connect, but Discord is more flexible and has a built-in way to connect with Twitch. This will make your Discord profile show your Twitch username, which can help get the word out about your streams. To make things even easier, you can find all the Twitch users on your Discord server and quickly connect with them there.
1. Open Discord and click the gear button next to your name in the bottom right area to connect.
2. Click on the Connections tab to find choices to connect Discord to outside services like YouTube, Twitch, and more. To start the process, choose Twitch.
3. A pop-up window will open. Please sign in to your Twitch account if you are not already logged in. To grant Discord access to your Twitch profile, click Authorize now.
4. When you’re done, scroll down and turn on the choice that says “Display on profile.” This will make your Twitch profile show up in your Discord account.
How to Connect Discord and Twitch on Mobile
In the same way, you can connect Twitch and Discord on your phone. But this time the process is a little different. Here’s how to use your phone to connect to Discord and Twitch. On bothAndroid and iOS, the process is the same.
1. Select the profile button in the bottom right area of the Discord app. Select “Connections” after that.
2. Scroll down and select Twitch from the Add menu in the top right area.
3. To show your Twitch username on your Discord profile, log in to your Twitch account and turn on Display on profile.
How to Notify People on Discord When You Go Live on Twitch
The built-in Discord setting does let you connect to Twitch, but it doesn’t do much else. In addition to recommending other Twitch IDs for you to follow, it can only display your Twitch ID in your Discord profile. When you go live on Twitch, you can use Discord bots to extend the link and let everyone on your server know. But you have to pay $4 a month or $84 a year for this special feature.
1. To log in with your Discord account, first open the MEE6 page and click on Add to Discord. Tell the MEE6 bot that it can access your account.
2.Pick the Discord server where you want to let people know. A pop-up window will open up. To let MEE6 access that server, click on “Authorize.”
3. That will close the pop-up window and take you to the MEE6 homepage, where you will find an opportunity to upgrade to premium in the top right corner.
4. When you click on it, you can choose to subscribe for a month, a year, or forever, since it’s a paid feature.
5. In the menu on the left, click on Dashboard.
6. Scroll down and turn on Twitch to connect to your account.
7. Type in the details of the Twitch ID you want to watch, the message you want to display when that ID goes live, and the name of the channel where the message should be put.
8. Click “Save,” and when that ID goes live, you’ll get a message on Discord. Your Twitch ID can let people in your Discord server know when you go live.
How to Connect Discord Audio to Twitch
Twitch viewers can only see your game when you’re streaming; they can’t hear the voice chat or conversations you’re having with other players. Here’s how to connect your Discord voice chat to your Twitch stream.
1. The feature doesn’t work in the web app for Discord, so download and install the desktop app instead.
2.Install the Discord StreamKit Overlay for OBS at this time. Open the StreamKit link and then click Install for OBS to get started.
3. To grant Streamkit access to your account’s messages, click Authorize in the Discord app.
4. When you’re done, go back to the streamkit website and click on Voice Widget.
5. Fill out the details here, including the server and voice channel you want to share on Twitch.
6. Copy the link that you can find in the bottom right corner.
7. To add a source, open the OBS app and press the plus button (+) in the Sources box.
8. Click on the drop-down bar and pick “Browser.”
9. Establish a new source and give it a name.
10. Paste the Voice Widget URL you copied into the OBS URL text box, then press OK to save the changes.
Twitch now lets you start streaming, and voice talks will be added.
How to Connect Discord Chat to Twitch
You can add your Discord chat to your Twitch stream in the same way you can with voice chat. The same Discord steam kit layer can be used on the OBS app to make that easy.
1. You need to get the Discord app because the web app won’t work.
2. The Discord Streamkit Overlay for OBS is now available for download.
3. To give Streamkit access to your account messages, click Authorize.
4. When you’re done, go back to the streamkit website and click on Chat Widget.
5. Fill out the details here, including the server you want to install on, the text channel you want to share on Twitch, and other information.
6. Copy the link you see in the bottom right corner, as shown in the picture below.
7. In order to add a source, open the OBS app and press the plus button (+) in the Sources box.
8. From the drop-down box, pick Reader.
9. Establish a new source and give it a name.
10. Paste the Voice Widget URL that you copied in step 6. To save the changes, press OK.
11. The chat icon can be seen in the demo. It’s possible to move it around and change its size.
So you can start streaming like you usually would, and the chat widget will now be part of your stream.
Wrap Up: Link Discord and Twitch
All you can do with the native feature in Discord is to display your Twitch ID in your Discord profile. But you can extend the feature to notify Twitch streams by using the MEE6 bot. Finally, Streamkit can help you while streaming on Twitch to stream Discord audio and chat on Twitch.